How to adjust your resume to the Israeli market:
Please find here bullet points on how to adjust your resume to best suit the Israeli market and to optimize your chances with Israeli companies and employers for a potential internship in Israel.
- Keep your resume ONE PAGE; Israeli employers don’t read beyond the first page
- Don’t include a picture; it not common in Israel to have a picture on your resume
- Education and work experience should be organized in chronological order from present to past
- Write in bullet points and not long paragraphs. Israeli employers are brief and to-the-point
- Please upload either a Word document or PDF file of your Onward Israel application, this way your internship coordinator can adjust it for the needs of different employers
- Full name
- Full phone number, including country code and area code, mainly for WhatsApp
- Email address
- Home address including city and state. You may input both your permanent and school address
- List school, location, degree, expected graduation year, major, and minor
- Special honors programs and/or excelling programs.
- Since you are a student and don’t necessarily have relevant employment experience in your field of study please add relevant courses.These are courses that show potential employers relevant skills you are acquiring at school
- Optional: Scholarship programs, though these are not normally familiar to the Israeli employers and thus are optional
- Optional: High school education – name, location, and years attended
Please include any employment/internship experience and how it reflects your skills and abilities
Leadership and activities:
- Any extracurricular activities, leadership positions, volunteer work, etc.
- Israeli employers are not necessarily familiar with Hillel, Chabad, and other campus clubs. Make sure to emphasis what you are doing in those clubs and how it shows your skill set. For example, organizational skills, detail orientation, fundraising, marketing campaigns, customer service, etc.
- Computer skills
- Languages spoken
- If marketing oriented, include proficiency in social media platforms (list proficiencies, not just platforms)
- Computer language proficiency (Java, Python, C++, etc.)