Northern New Jersey
Spend eight weeks living and interning in Tel Aviv. Work with an internship coordinator to develop a customized position at unique, innovative, and up-and-coming businesses and organizations.
Intern four to five days a week alongside Israeli peers and immerse yourself in contemporary Israeli society. Take part in trips and experiences throughout Israel in order to learn more about the country. In your free time, explore Tel Aviv’s amazing nightlife, beaches, and culture with a cohort of other young adults from northern New Jersey.
This Birthright Israel Onward– Masa program is operated through the philanthropic support of leading North American Foundations through the Birthright Israel Foundation, the Government of Israel and the Jewish Agency, along with the Jewish Federation of Northern New Jersey. It is organized by Destination Israel. For more information about participating in a long-term Masa program after Birthright Israel Onward and the potential impact on future Masa grants, view our FAQ here.
Admission is rolling. Applications will close in the beginning of March or earlier if the program fills.
Dates For Summer 2024 TBD
Participants MUST be available to participate for the entire length of the program.
In addition, participants will be required to submit a security deposit in advance via credit card. Deposits will be refunded at the end of the program pending good standing.
The program cost includes housing, educational programming, program staff, basic medical insurance, and ground transportation within the city of residence.
Participants are responsible for the cost of flights, food, and phone coverage. To learn about this and other Birthright Israel Onward program details, please visit our FAQ.
*Participants are encouraged to purchase flights with a good refund policy or flight insurance. Birthright Israel Onward is not responsible for the cost of flights should the program be cancelled. Note, participants will be given their expected address approximately two weeks before the program begins, if not earlier.
*Scholarships to help offset the program cost may be available for those who need additional assistance and meet Onward’s eligibility criteria. For more information, contact Birthright Israel Onward or your local partner professional.
Apartment, hostel, or dorm-style housing in Tel Aviv.
The number of participants to an apartment or room is dependent on the size of the accommodations and number of participants on the program. Though Birthright Israel Onward housing can vary from program to program, all housing units meet Birthright Israel Onward standards. To learn more about this and other Birthright Israel Onward housing details, please visit our housing FAQ.
For More Information Contact
Debbie Corwin – Director, Center for Israel Engagement
- Applicants not currently enrolled in high school, from the northern New Jersey community (Bergen, Hudson, and parts of Passaic and Morris County) or who are attending college in northern New Jersey
- Applicants between 18-35 years old and not currently enrolled in high school
- Must be Jewish (please refer to our FAQ for more information)
- Applicants must NOT have spent 3 or more consecutive months in Israel after high school, or participated in a Birthright Israel Onward program or any other mid-term or long-term educational program in Israel. Must meet Masa Israel Journey Eligibility criteria (click here to review), including not having received Masa funding towards participation on a previous program
- Fluent in English
- Have a valid Passport for at least 6 months after the program end date
- Please note: If you wish to participate in a 10-day Birthright Israel trip, consider doing so prior to an Onward program. You will not be able to participate on Birthright Israel trip after participating on Onward.
Please click here to review the application process.
- Sustainability Research
- Business Development
- Marketing and Social Media
- Corporate Finance
- Biology Research
Not sure what type of internship you are looking for or unsure if you can find it in Israel? Our internship coordinators work one-on-one with each participant!
Applicants interested in internships in the fields of STEM, Finance, Law, and Medicine please click here for some important information regarding placements: