North Carolina Hillel
Spend your summer in Tel Aviv with your friends from across North Carolina!
Are you ready for a summer experience like none other?
Join students from all over North Carolina for a once-in-a-lifetime program:
- Live the life of an Israeli, living and working in Tel Aviv
- Build your resume and gain work experience through a personalized, high-level internship in a field of your choice for 8 weeks.
- Make and grow closer to friends while living together, traveling through Israel, sharing in Shabbat, and exploring one of Israel’s most advanced cities.
- Learn about Israeli society, economy, technology and more through weekend retreats and seminars, Israel Now tour days, evening activities and group conversations and other immersive experiences.
Develop your professional future, build your resume, explore your independence and spend the summer with your friends – apply today for Onward Israel!
This Birthright Israel Onward- Masa program is operated through the philanthropic support of leading North American Foundations through the Birthright Israel Foundation, the Government of Israel and the Jewish Agency, along with Hillel International and North Carolina Hillel. It is organized by IGT. For more information about participating in a long-term Masa program after Birthright Israel Onward and the potential impact on future Masa grants, view our FAQ here.
Admission is rolling. Applications will close in the beginning of March or earlier if the program fills.
May 23rd- July 17th, 2024
Participants MUST be available to participate for the entire length of the program.
Program Cost: $1399*
In addition, participants will be required to submit a $400 security deposit via Zelle. Deposits will be refunded at the end of the program pending good standing.
All participants are responsible for the cost and arrangement of their own flights and spending money upon arrival in Israel (including for food). Participants should not purchase flights until approximately one month before the program begins and are encouraged to purchase flights with a good refund policy or flight insurance. Onward Israel is not responsible for the cost of flights should the program be cancelled or shifted to be remote. Note, participants will be told approximately a month or two before the program begins their expected arrival and departure times.
The program cost includes housing, educational programming, program staff, basic medical insurance, and ground transportation within the city of residence.
Participants are responsible for the cost of flights, food, and phone coverage. To learn about this and other Birthright Israel Onward program details, please visit our FAQ.
*Participants are encouraged to purchase flights with a good refund policy or flight insurance. Birthright Israel Onward is not responsible for the cost of flights should the program be cancelled. Note, participants will be given their expected address approximately two weeks before the program begins, if not earlier.
*Scholarships to help offset the program cost may be available for those who need additional assistance and meet Onward’s eligibility criteria. For more information, contact Birthright Israel Onward or your local partner professional.
Apartment, hostel, hotel, or dorm-style housing in Tel Aviv.
The number of participants to an apartment or room is dependent on the size of the accommodations and number of participants on the program. Though Birthright Israel Onward housing can vary from program to program, all housing units meet Birthright Israel Onward standards. To learn more about this and other Onward Israel housing details, please visit our housing FAQ.
– This program is open to Jewish undergraduate students on the following North Carolina campuses:
- UNC Chapel Hill
- UNC Greensboro
- North Carolina State University
- Appalachian State University
- East Carolina University
- UNC Wilmington
- UNC Asheville
- UNC Charlotte
- Applicants between 18-35 years old and not currently enrolled in high school
- Must be Jewish (please refer to our FAQ for more information)
- Applicants must NOT have spent 3 or more consecutive months in Israel after high school, or participated in a Birthright Israel Onward program or any other mid-term or long-term educational program in Israel. Must meet Masa Israel Journey Eligibility criteria (click here to review), including not having received Masa funding towards participation on a previous program
- Fluent in English
- Have a valid Passport for at least 6 months after the program end date
Please note: If you wish to participate in a 10-day Birthright Israel trip, consider doing so prior to an Onward program. You will not be able to participate on Birthright Israel trip after participating on Onward.
Please click here to review the application process.
-Social Media and outreach internship with local NGO or non-profit
-Business Development internship with social media start-up
-Event coordination and promotion intern for management company
-Public Relations internship with a museum
Not sure what type of internship you are looking for or unsure if you can find it in Israel? Our internship coordinators work one-on-one with each participant!
Applicants interested in internships in the fields of STEM, Finance, Law, and Medicine please click here for some important information regarding placements:
Contact: Hila Banay, firstname.lastname@example.orgApply for This Program