Build your resume through an exciting and enriching internship based on your skills and interests.
Spend your summer interning 4-5 days a week while immersing yourself in contemporary Israeli society. In addition to living and working in Tel Aviv, you will experience tour days, a weekend seminar and group activities with a cohort of other young adults. In your free time, you will have the opportunity to explore Israel’s amazing nightlife, culture, and rich history.
This Birthright Israel Onward– Masa program is operated through the philanthropic support of leading North American Foundations through the Birthright Israel Foundation, the Government of Israel, and the Jewish Agency, along with UJA Federation of New York. It is organized by Destination Israel. For more information about participating in a long-term Masa program after Birthright Israel Onward and the potential impact on future Masa grants, view our FAQ here.
Admission is rolling. Applications will close in the beginning of March or earlier if the program fills.
Dates For Summer 2024 TBD
Participants MUST be available to participate for the entire length of the program.
Program Cost: $999*
In addition, participants will be required to submit a $400 security deposit via credit card in advance of the program. Deposits will be refunded at the end of the program pending good standing.
The program cost includes housing, educational programming, program staff, basic medical insurance, and ground transportation within the city of residence.
Participants are responsible for the cost of flights, food, and phone coverage. To learn about this and other Birthright Israel Onward program details, please visit our FAQ.
*Participants are advised to not purchase flights until approximately one month before the program begins and are encouraged to purchase flights with a good refund policy or flight insurance. Birthright Israel Onward is not responsible for the cost of flights should the program be cancelled. Note, participants will be given their expected address approximately two weeks before the program begins, if not earlier.
*Scholarships to help offset the program cost may be available for those who need additional assistance and meet Onward’s eligibility criteria. For more information, contact Birthright Israel Onward or your local partner professional.
Accommodations: Apartment, hostel, or dorm-style housing in Tel-Aviv.
The number of participants to an apartment or room is dependent on the size of the accommodations and number of participants on the program. Though Birthright Israel Onward housing can vary from program to program, all housing units meet Birthright Israel Onward standards. To learn more about this and other Birthright Israel Onward housing details, please visit our housing FAQ.
- This program is intended for students enrolled in a university in New York City, Westchester, or Long Island and natives with a permanent NY address
- Applicants between 18-35 years old and not currently enrolled in high school
- Must be Jewish (please refer to our FAQ for more information)
- Applicants must NOT have spent 3 or more consecutive months in Israel after high school, or participated in a Birthright Israel Onward program or any other mid-term or long-term educational program in Israel.
- Must meet Masa Israel Journey Eligibility criteria (click here to review), including not having received Masa funding towards participation on a previous program
- Fluent in English
- Have a valid Passport for at least 6 months after the program end date
Please note: If you wish to participate in a 10-day Birthright Israel trip, consider doing so prior to an Onward program. You will not be able to participate on Birthright Israel trip after participating on Onward.
Please click here to review the application process.
– Social Media and outreach internship with local NGO or non-profit
– Business Development internship with social media start-up
– Event coordination and promotion intern for management company
– Public Relations internship with a museum
Not sure what type of internship you are looking for or unsure if you can find it in Israel? Our internship coordinators work one-on-one with each participant!
Applicants interested in internships in the fields of STEM, Finance, Law, and Medicine please click here for some important information regarding placements:
Contact Alyssa Glucksman AlyssaG@onwardisrael.org