Live, work and experience Israel like a local! Build your resume through an eight-week professional internship including room and board in a shared apartment in Tel Aviv – only $800 plus airfare. Amazing!
Intern four to five days a week alongside Israeli peers and immerse yourself in contemporary Israeli society. Experience Israel through Onward Israel’s day trips, overnights and seminars. In your free time, explore Israel’s amazing restaurants, beaches, and nightlife with a cohort of other young adults.
*Please visit our Covid-19 Response for the most up to date information regarding vaccination requirements and entry into Israel.*
This Onward Israel-Masa program is operated through a partnership between the Beacon and Shapira Foundations and other leading philanthropists, Birthright Israel, the Government of Israel, and Masa Israel Journey. It is organized by Authentic Israel. For more information about participating in a longer term Masa program after Onward Israel and the potential impact of participating in Onward Israel on future Masa grants view our FAQ here.
Admission is rolling. Applications will close in March or earlier if the program fills.
Tues, May 23 – Mon, July 17, 2023
Participants MUST be available to participate for the entire length of the program.
If for public health or security related reasons the program cannot take place in Israel, Onward Israel will make efforts to conduct the program remotely. Click here to review our FAQ, including information on remote programs regarding internships, programming and more.
The program cost includes housing, educational program, program staff, medical insurance, partial laundry provisions, and ground transportation within the city of residence. In addition, participants will be required to submit a $400 security deposit in cash upon arrival. Deposits will be refunded at the end of the program pending good standing.
All participants are responsible for the cost and arrangement of their own flights and spending money upon arrival in Israel (including for food). Participants should not purchase flights until approximately one month before the program begins and are encouraged to purchase flights with a good refund policy or flight insurance. Onward Israel is not responsible for the cost of flights should the program be cancelled or shifted to be remote. Note, participants will be told approximately a month or two before the program begins their expected arrival and departure times.
Applicants participating in Birthright Israel trips ahead of an Onward Israel program must join their group on the first day of their Onward Israel program. Applicants will be responsible for their own accommodations if there is a gap between Birthright Israel and Onward Israel programs.
The actual cost of the Onward Israel program is much higher, and is subsidized up to 70% by Birthright Israel, private donors, and local Jewish communities and institutions.
Masa-eligible participants in programs which are part of the Onward/Masa partnership may qualify for additional scholarships. For more information, contact Onward Israel or your local partner professional.
Apartment, hostel, hotel, or dorm-style housing in Tel Aviv.
The number of participants to an apartment or room is dependent on the size of the accommodations and number of participants on the program. Though Onward Israel housing can vary from program to program, it generally meets basic Onward Israel standards. To learn more about this and other Onward Israel housing details, please visit our housing FAQ.
– The program is open to residents of Miami-Dade County who are attending a Florida college or university
– Preference is given to:
-Miami-Dade County residents (Miami natives whose home community and permanent residence is in Miami) who are attending college in Miami-Dade County
-Underclassmen who will return to their Miami campus and community after the program
– Applicants between 19-30 years old (or at least one full year post-high school at the start of the program)
– Be Jewish (please refer to our FAQ for more information)
– Applicants must NOT have spent 3 or more consecutive months in Israel after high school (this includes semester abroad, gap year, or any other MASA or Onward Israel program)
– Must meet Masa Israel Journey Eligibility criteria (click here to review), including not having received Masa funding towards participation on a previous program. Note, Alumni of Onward Israel and Masa Israel Journey programs are typically not eligible to participate on a second Onward Israel program. In a small number of cases it might be possible for alumni of both initiatives and those who do not meet Masa Israel Journey criteria to participate (individuals can check with Onward Israel staff on a case by case basis), but program subsidies will be significantly lower and therefore the program fee will be higher.
– Fluent in English
– Have a valid Passport (must be valid for at least 6 months after the program end date)
– Previous participation in Birthright Israel is encouraged but not required
– Onward Israel alumni are not eligible for Birthright Israel trips. If you wish to participate in a 7- or 10-day Birthright Israel trip, consider participating in a Birthright Israel trip prior to an Onward Israel program.
Please click here to review the application process. Note: there could be slight differences between programs.
• Digital marketing intern for a start-up
• Consultant for a financial firm
• Public relations intern for an NGO
Not sure what type of internship you are looking for or unsure if you can find it in Israel? Our internship coordinators work one-on-one with each participant!
Applicants interested in internships in the fields of Engineering, STEM, Green Energy, Computer Science, Finance, Law and Medicine please click here for some important information regarding placements:
For More Information Contact
Greater Miami Jewish Federation: Bonnie Dawson: email@example.com or 786-866-8498
Hillel at FIU: Jon Warech: Jon.Warech@hillelfiu.org or 305-490-3607
University of Miami: Jonah Snyder: firstname.lastname@example.org or 786-514-7922