Meor Business Men
At Birthright Israel Onward jInternship, you'll work side-by-side with Israelis, forming authentic relationships with locals and gaining invaluable work experience. As an amazing bonus, you'll join other Jewish Men for a summer of personal, spiritual, and professional development.
- The men joining Meor Business Men jInternship this summer will have the opportunity to intern with Israeli companies, gain professional skills, and make lifetime friends.
- As an added bonus to your internship, Meor Business Men offers the opportunity to tap into your Jewish roots via classes and discussions from a traditional perspective. You’ll ease into Israel with 10 days of workshops, tours and Jewish identity development sessions. After that you’ll deep dive into your internship five days a week, bonding with your group over professional sessions and Jewish exploration in the evening.
Intern five days a week alongside Israeli peers and immerse yourself in contemporary Israeli society. Experience Israel through day trips, overnights, and seminars. Additional Jewish professional workshops take place in the evenings. In your free time, explore Israel’s amazing restaurants, cultural activities and nightlife with a cohort of other young adults.
The program is run by Torah-observant staff and includes learning sessions based on traditional texts and wisdom.
This Birthright Israel Onward- Masa program is operated through the philanthropic support of leading North American Foundations through the Birthright Israel Foundation, the Government of Israel and the Jewish Agency, along with Olami. It is organized by jInternship. For more information about participating in a long-term Masa program after Birthright Israel Onward and the potential impact on future Masa grants, view our FAQ here .
Admission is rolling. Applications will close in the beginning of March or earlier if the program fills.
Dates: June 3 – July 30, 2024
Participants MUST be available to participate for the entire length of the program.
Program Cost*: $599
In addition, participants will be required to submit a $400 security deposit via cash or check upon arrival. Deposits will be refunded at the end of the program pending good standing.
The program cost includes housing, educational programming, program staff, basic medical insurance, and ground transportation within the city of residence.
Participants are responsible for the cost of flights, food, and phone coverage.
To learn about this and other Birthright Israel Onward program details, please visit our FAQ.
*Participants are encouraged to purchase flights with a good refund policy or flight insurance. Birthright Israel Onward is not responsible for the cost of flights should the program be canceled. Note, participants will be given their expected address approximately two weeks before the program begins, if not earlier.
*Scholarships to help offset the program cost may be available for those who need additional assistance and meet Onward’s eligibility criteria. For more information, contact Birthright Israel Onward or your local partner professional.
Accommodations: Apartment, hostel, or dorm-style housing in Jerusalem.
The number of participants to an apartment or room is dependent on the size of the accommodations and number of participants on the program. Though Birthright Israel Onward housing can vary from program to program, all housing units meet Birthright Israel Onward standards. To learn more about this and other Birthright Israel Onward housing details, please visit our housing FAQ.
- Applicants must be male.
- Applicants between 18-35 years old and not currently enrolled in high school
- Identify as Jewish. Please review the FAQ or contact the specific program staff for information related to this criteria
- Applicants must NOT have spent 3 or more consecutive months in Israel after high school, or participated in a Birthright Israel Onward program or any other mid-term or long-term educational program in Israel.
- Must meet Masa Israel Journey Eligibility criteria (click here to review), including not having received Masa funding towards participation on a previous program.
- Fluent in English
- Have a valid Passport for at least 6 months after the program end date
Please note: If you wish to participate in a 10-day Birthright Israel trip, consider doing so prior to an Onward program. You will not be able to participate on a Birthright Israel trip after participating on Onward.
Applicants interested in internships in the fields of STEM, Finance, Law, and Medicine please click here for some important information regarding placements:
Intern with a dedicated physician and gain valuable experience in the world of healthcare. Assist in patient care, medical research, and witness the daily life of a doctor making a difference in one of Jerusalem’s leading hospitals.
Get hands-on experience in the world of diplomacy and international relations while interning with a governmental department. Contribute to impactful discussions and witness diplomacy in action.
Gain exposure to venture capital and investment strategies while interning with a top financial firm. Assist in the evaluation of promising startups and investment opportunities.
Embark on an archaeological journey to discover the secrets of Israel’s rich history, one dig site at a time. Dig deep into the past, uncovering historical treasures while working alongside seasoned archaeologists.
Not sure what type of internship you are looking for or unsure if you can find it in Israel? Our internship coordinators work one-on-one with each participant!
For More Information Contact: