Maslul Michael Pre-Army Mechina
Maslul Michael is a Pre-Army preparation program for people who are considering drafting to the IDF. The program focuses on preparing participants psychologically, physically, mentally and educationally for their upcoming draft.
The objective of Maslul Michael is to bridge the gap that exists between lone soldiers from foreign backgrounds and native-born Israeli soldiers drafting into the IDF. Those who take part will be better prepared for the army, better integrated into Israeli society and ready for pre-draft interviews, try-outs, a challenging and rewarding service in the IDF, and be capable and ready to take on leadership roles inside and outside of the army framework.
- The curriculum of Maslul Michael is specifically tailored and designed for lone soldiers. Using the methodologies and content of existing Israeli mechina (Pre-Army Academies) as a model, however with changes and adaptations made to best fit the needs and backgrounds of the incoming immigrant or Mahal volunteer lone soldier
- Get a taste of Israel and the Israeli army, build up your confidence and ability to not only serve, but live in Israel as a lone soldier. This program was designed specifically for lone soldiers by lone soldiers. This is the only program supported by the Israeli Government, the I.D.F. and the Lone Soldier Center in memory of Michael Levin.
- Improve Hebrew language skills, mental and physical preparation of all participants, all while bonding the group and widening the social network of these future lone soldiers in Israel, connecting them with other lone soldiers and their young Israeli peer group.
- Increase your probability of being accepted into elite units as well as higher capacity non-combat positions.
- At the end of the 7 weeks, participants are assisted in deciding how they want to draft, whether it be through Mahal, Garin Tzabar or independent Aliyah. There is no requirement that participants must enlist or make Aliyah after the mechina
November 11- December 10, 2018
Week 1: Gibbush (Intro week) + Jerusalem Day
Week 2: Getting to know the Land of Israel + Two day Southern Israel Trip
Week 3: Modern Israeli History & Culture + Two day Northern Israel Trip
Week 4: Intro to IDF
The Maslul Michael program is operated through a partnership between the Lone Soldier Center in Memory of Michael Levin, Mehinat Kol Ami, IDF Education Corps, Ministry of Defense and the Ministry of Aliyah and Immigrant Absorption.
For More Information
Or stop in The Lone Soldier Center office in Jerusalem – Yafo 51
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old by the end of the program and no older than 27
- Applicants must pass an interview after submitting their application
- Applicant must have the intention to draft or is considering drafting
Campus in Jerusalem Forest and a campus in Beersheba Youth Absorption Village. Camp participants will be roomed together and in a dorm setting.
Please note the application needs to be completed fully. You will need your passport number and resume to complete the application. There is no save and return feature so please ensure you have adequate time (approximately 15 minutes) to finish.