Jerusalem Film Workshop
How would you like to learn about film making, travel through Israel with fellow filmmakers from around the world, and screen your film during the acclaimed Jerusalem Film Festival? Our summer program for 19-27-year old’s allows participants to gain film making skills, while creating a short documentary on the best set in the world - Jerusalem.
The Jerusalem Film Workshop (JFW) is a unique and exciting 6-week program for creative filmmakers aged 19-27, seeking an opportunity to gain professional skills and tell their own special story of Jerusalem.
Supported by Onward Israel, the Jerusalem Film Workshop offers participants comprehensive knowledge of film production and the opportunity to expand their professional network, while living in Jerusalem and traveling round Israel.
For over 6 weeks participants will develop and advance their cinematography, producing, editing, and directing skills. They will each make a 10 minute documentary film that tells their own story of Jerusalem, using the tools and equipment we provide, with guidance from our professional and experienced teachers and mentors.
Enjoy 6 weeks of hands-on film education and production while traveling around Israel. Each student’s documentary film will be screened at the International Film Festival in Jerusalem, and at the Jewish Film Festival held in the student’s own country.
The JFW is not responsible for cost and arranging of the flights. Participants are responsible for their own insurance arrangements. Participants will be required to submit a $100 program security deposit in cash upon arrival to Israel. Deposits will be refunded at the end of the program pending good standing. Admission is rolling.
24.6.2018 – 3.8.2018
No cost, except:
- Insurance (as mentioned above)
- Food: The JFW will provide only lunch for each day of the program. All other meals are at the responsibility of the participants.
- Personal phone arrangements.
- This program is open for 19-27 years old’s (or who have at least one full year post-high school at the start of the program) who have NOT spent 3 or more months in Israel as part of an educational or peer-program (this includes semester abroad, gap year or any other MASA or Onward Israel program)
- Fluent in English
- Previous participation in Taglit-Birthright Israel is encouraged for any eligible applicants
- Have created at least one short film which was formally selected for a film festival
Each participant will have a private room, as part of the 3 room apartment, shared with two other participants. Each apartment will have a fully equipped kitchen.
Important: Participants are required to bring their own bedclothes, towels, shampoo and soap. These will not be provided by the program.
In accordance with each participant’s past experience and future ambitions, the program will offer one of the following professional internships:
• Documentary Film Directing
• Documentary Cinematography
• Documentary Film Editing
• Documentary Film Production
Elad Laor | Program Director | Director@thejfw.com | +972(0) 53 8289497Apply for This Program