Israel Tech 101 Fellowship
Step into the world of coding and the Israeli Hi-tech industry through a course led by ITC (Israel Tech Challenge) and explore living independently in Tel Aviv Israel.
Applications for this program have closed
Israel-Tech 101, is designed for complete beginners who wish to get a taste of coding and learn all about this community in Israel. Top-notch staff will help you step into the world of coding and the Israeli Hi-tech industry! Over the course of 100 hours, you will take your first steps in Web Development and become exposed to the intriguing Start-Up Nation found in the Israeli industry.
The course will cover material in the following fields : Basic Web Dev, Hi-Tech Industry, Soft Skills and Profession Development. The course structure will be a combination of lectures, mentoring & self-study, workshops
This Birthright Israel Onward program now includes Hebrew immersion instruction and experiential learning with the goal of experiencing the richness of modern Hebrew through informal and hands-on learning opportunities:
- Three meetings a week- overall total of 48 hours over the four weeks
- Meetings at Tel Aviv campus
- No prior experience with Hebrew required
- For those with Hebrew background- level of instruction will be adapted
- Opportunity to meet other Onward participants
- Learning groups will be formed based on Hebrew levels
Skilled and experienced Hebrew instructors will also facilitate opportunities to use spoken Hebrew in real life situations outside the classroom through cultural, spiritual, social, and everyday experiences.
University Credit will be available for an additional fee.
*Please visit our COVID-19 Response for the most up to date information regarding vaccination requirements and entry into Israel.*
Participants coming on integrated programs which include flight arrangements for their whole Birthright-Onward Israel experience will be saving on their flight expenses. In the case that they will want to change their return flight, they will be fully responsible for costs associated with those changes.
Participants coming for the classic Birthright Israel trip experience and then will be joining the integrated program should be responsible for their return flight arrangements. The exception are those whose flights from the beginning were of a longer duration for the full length of the Birthright Israel and Onward Israel program.
Birthright alumni who are coming directly to this program and not extending their 10 -day Birthright Summer 2023 trip will be responsible for their flight’s arrangements round trip to Israel.
All participants are responsible and spending money upon arrival in Israel (including for food). Participants should not purchase flights until approximately one month before the program begins and are encouraged to purchase flights with a good refund policy or flight insurance. Onward Israel is not responsible for the cost of flights should the program be cancelled or shifted to be remote. Note, participants will be told approximately a month before the program begins their expected arrival and departure times.
The Onward Israel initiative is part of Birthright Israel and is supported by leading North American Jewish Foundations. The generous support of philanthropic funds makes Onward Israel possible and substantially reduces the program costs incurred by participants.
Dates: May 31 – June 27
Participants MUST be available to participate for the entire length of the program.
If for public health or security related reasons the program cannot take place in Israel, Onward Israel will make efforts to conduct the program remotely. Click here to review our FAQ, including information on remote programs regarding internships, programming and more.
Program Cost*: 400$
The program cost includes housing, content and educational program, program staff, medical insurance, partial laundry provisions, and ground transportation within the city of residence. Participants are responsible for their own spending money (including the cost of food). In addition, participants will be required to submit a $200 security deposit in cash upon arrival in Israel. Deposits will be refunded at the end of the program pending good standing.
The actual cost of the Onward Israel program is much higher, and is subsidized up to 70% by Birthright Israel, private donors, and local Jewish communities and institutions.
Scholarships to help offset the program cost may be available for those who need additional assistance and meet Onward Israel’s eligibility criteria. For more information, contact Onward Israel or your local partner professional.
Accommodations: Apartment, hostel, or dorm-style housing in Tel Aviv.
The number of participants to an apartment or room is dependent on the size of the accommodations and number of participants on the program. Though Onward Israel housing can vary from program to program, it generally meets basic Onward Israel standards. To learn more about this and other Onward Israel housing details, please visit our housing FAQ.
- Be a participant in a classic 10 day Birthright trip which concludes shortly before the Onward Israel program starts or be a Birthright alumni from previous seasons.
- Applicants between 19-30 years old (or at least one full year post-high school at the start of the program)
- Identify as Jewish and have NOT spent 3 or more consecutive months in Israel as part of an educational or peer-program (this includes semester abroad, gap year, or any other MASA or Onward Israel program). Note, Alumni of Onward Israel programs (even if they are Masa eligible) are typically not eligible to participate on a second Onward Israel program. In some cases this might be possible (alumni can check with Onward Israel staff on a case by case basis), but program subsidies will be significantly lower and therefore the program fee will be higher.
- Fluent in English
- Have a valid Passport (must be valid for at least 6 months after the program end date)