Hillel Tel Aviv
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we have unfortunately chosen to cancel this Onward Israel program for summer 2020. To receive information for the summer 2021 season, please visit www.onwardisrael.org/prereg.
Live, work, and play on the Mediterranean! Hillel Onward Israel in the bustling start-up city of Tel Aviv offers you the opportunity to develop your professional future and build your resume through a high-level internship tailor-made to you!
Due to a high demand, applications for this program have closed. Please contact email@example.com to learn what Onward Israel program is best for you.
Participants will intern four-five days a week, explore Israel, experience living like a local, and enjoy travel and unique programming opportunities exclusive to our Hillel cohorts.
The heart of our program is a resume-building work experience based on your skills, interests and future plans. You will also have the chance to connect with Israeli peers through Hillel’s vast Israel network.
This Onward Israel – Masa program is operated through a partnership between the Beacon and Shapira Foundations and other leading philanthropists, the Government of Israel, Hillel International, The Jewish Agency for Israel and Masa Israel Journey. It is organized by Israel Experience.
June 3 – July 28, 2020
Cost includes housing, insurance, modest food stipend, transportation within city, and program costs.
Participants are responsible for arranging their own flights.
The actual cost of the Onward Israel – Masa program is much higher, and is subsidized up to 70% by Onward Israel, private donors, Masa Israel Journey, and local Jewish communities and institutions.
Participants will be required to submit a $300 credit card authorization as a participation and security deposit. Deposits will be refunded at the end of the program pending good standing.
Apartments or dorm-style housing in Tel Aviv.
The number of participants to an apartment or room is dependent on the size of the accommodations and number of participants on the program.
While meeting common standards, Onward Israel housing differs by program and even within a program. To learn more about this and other Onward Israel housing details, please visit our housing FAQ.
- Preference for the Hillel International program will be given to students at the following campuses, where the Hillel has formally committed to recruit:
1) University of Colorado Boulder
2) University of Connecticut
3) University of Delaware*
4) University of Maryland*
5) University of Virginia
6) Virginia Tech
- Open to Jewish undergraduate students on the campuses listed above who have had one previous short-term Israel Experience: Birthright or a teen travel program
- Priority will be given to students returning to campus
- Due to limited spots and high demand, priority will be given to students not eligible for community trips
- University of Maryland students participating on Birthright prior to Onward Israel in Summer 2020 should connect with Sapir Frieman prior to applying to an Onward Israel program firstname.lastname@example.org
- University of Delaware students participating on Birthright prior to Onward Israel in Summer 2020 should connect with Alli Rys prior to applying to an Onward Israel program email@example.com
Masa-eligible participants in programs which are part of the Onward/Masa partnership may qualify for additional scholarships. For more information, call Onward Israel or your local partner professional.
Participants on Onward Israel – Masa programs may return to Israel on long-term Masa programs after Onward Israel. They may also be eligible for additional scholarships from Masa to help fund their participation, although the size of that scholarship may be influenced by prior participation on Onward Israel. For details, please contact Masa Israel Journey directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Paula Harlan, email@example.com