Finance & Economics
The Finance and Economics program offers participants the chance to experience Tel Aviv in a whole new way. This exciting and engaging internship program also features day trips, overnights and hands-on seminars designed to bolster participants’ understanding of Israeli life and connect them with the land and one another. Interns work four to five days a week alongside Israeli peers and professionals while gaining valuable resume building experience. In your free time, you are encouraged to explore Tel Aviv’s extensive range of activities. Go to the beach, eat delicious food, and discover the nightlife in Israel’s most happening city!
Applications for this program have now closed
Experience a once in a lifetime opportunity to live and work in Israel at a heavily subsidized rate. Onward Israel theme-based programs are designed for applicants eager to work and explore Israel through a topical lens. These programs are tailored to young adults with the desire to see the Jewish state from a different perspective alongside their peers.
Preference will be given to applicants who are NOT eligible for a community, campus or national partner based Onward Israel program.
*Please visit our COVID-19 Response for the most up to date information regarding vaccination requirements and entry into Israel.*
This Onward Israel – Masa program is operated through a partnership between the Beacon and Shapira Foundations and other leading philanthropists, the Birthright Israel Foundation and Masa Israel Journey. It is organized by Authentic Israel. For more information about participating in a longer term Masa program after Onward Israel and the potential impact of participating in Onward Israel on future Masa grants view our FAQ here.
Admission is rolling. Applications will close in the beginning of March or earlier if the program fills. Apply now!
Wednesday May 31 – Tuesday July 25, 2023
Participants MUST be available to participate for the entire length of the program.
If for public health or security related reasons the program cannot take place in Israel, Onward Israel will make efforts to conduct the program remotely. Click here to review our FAQ, including information on remote programs regarding internships, programming and more.
Program Cost: $800
The program cost includes housing, educational program, program staff, medical insurance, partial laundry provisions, and ground transportation within the city of residence. In addition, participants will be required to submit a $400 security deposit in cash upon arrival in Israel. Deposits will be refunded at the end of the program pending good standing.
All participants are responsible for the cost and arrangement of their own flights and spending money upon arrival in Israel (including for food). Participants should not purchase flights until approximately one month before the program begins and are encouraged to purchase flights with a good refund policy or flight insurance. Onward Israel is not responsible for the cost of flights should the program be cancelled or shifted to be remote. Note, participants will be told approximately a month or two before the program begins their expected arrival and departure times.
Applicants participating in Birthright Israel trips ahead of an Onward Israel program must join their group on the first day of their Onward Israel program. Applicants will be responsible for their own accommodations if there is a gap between Birthright Israel and Onward Israel programs.
The actual cost of the Onward Israel program is much higher, and is subsidized up to 70% by Onward Israel, private donors, and local Jewish communities and institutions.
Masa-eligible participants in programs which are part of the Onward/Masa partnership may qualify for additional scholarships. For more information, contact Onward Israel or your local partner professional.
For More Information
• Applicants between 19-30 years old (or at least one full year post-high school at the start of the program)
• Be Jewish (please refer to our FAQ for more information)
• Applicants must NOT have spent 3 or more consecutive months in Israel after high school (this includes semester abroad, gap year, or any other MASA or Onward Israel program)
• Must meet Masa Israel Journey Eligibility criteria (click here to review), including not having received Masa funding towards participation on a previous program. Note, Alumni of Onward Israel and Masa Israel Journey programs are typically not eligible to participate on a second Onward Israel program. In a small number of cases it might be possible for alumni of both initiatives and those who do not meet Masa Israel Journey criteria to participate (individuals can check with Onward Israel staff on a case by case basis), but program subsidies will be significantly lower and therefore the program fee will be higher.
• Fluent in English
• Have a valid Passport (must be valid for at least 6 months after the program end date)
• Previous participation in Birthright Israel is encouraged but not required
*Onward Israel alumni are not eligible for Birthright Israel trips. If you wish to participate in a 7- or 10-day Birthright Israel trip, consider participating in a Birthright Israel trip prior to an Onward Israel program.*
Apartment, hostel, or dorm-style housing in Tel Aviv. The number of participants to an apartment or room is dependent on the size of the accommodations and number of participants on the program. Though Onward Israel housing can vary from program to program, it generally meets basic Onward Israel standards. To learn more about this and other Onward Israel housing details, please visit our housing FAQ.
– Market Research internship with finance Start-Up
– Data Analysis internship at Venture Capital firm
– Business Development internship at a financial company
Applicants interested in this program please click here for some important information regarding internship placements:
*If this program goes fully remote there will be limitations on the internships offered. Participants will be asked to be flexible under the circumstances as Onward Israel remains committed to ensuring participants still have a meaningful internship experience
Not sure what type of internship you are looking for or unsure if you can find it in Israel? Our internship coordinators work one-on-one with each participant!