Boston Tel Aviv
Boston Birthright Israel Onward is an immersive internship program offering resume building placements in a wide variety of opportunities in the greater Tel Aviv area with a cohort of other young adults from the Boston area.
Develop your professional future and build your resume through a high-level internship in the field of your choice in Tel Aviv. This tailor-made internship program places you in a work place based on your skills, interests and future plans. Intern four to five days a week alongside Israeli peers and immerse yourself in contemporary Israeli society. Experience Israel through Birthright Israel Onward’s day trips, overnights and seminars. In your free time, explore Israel’s amazing restaurants, beaches, and nightlife with a cohort of other young adults.
This Birthright Israel Onward– Masa program is operated through the philanthropic support of leading North American Foundations through the Birthright Israel Foundation, the Government of Israel and the Jewish Agency, along with Hillel Council of New England and Combined Jewish Philanthropies of Greater Boston. It is organized by The Israel Experience LTD. For more information about participating in a long-term Masa program after Birthright Israel Onward and the potential impact on future Masa grants, view our FAQ here.
Admission is rolling. Applications will close in the beginning of March or earlier if the program fills.
June 6 – July 31, 2024
Participants MUST be available to participate for the entire length of the program.
Program Cost: $999*
The cost of each Onward program differs slightly based on housing prices in each city
In addition, participants will be required to submit a $400 credit card authorization as a participation and security deposit.
The program cost includes housing, educational programming, program staff, basic medical insurance, and ground transportation within the city of residence.
Participants are responsible for the cost of flights, food, and phone coverage. To learn about this and other Birthright Israel Onward program details, please visit our FAQ.
*Participants are encouraged to purchase flights with a good refund policy or flight insurance. Birthright Israel Onward is not responsible for the cost of flights should the program be cancelled. Note, participants will be given their expected address approximately two weeks before the program begins, if not earlier.
*Scholarships to help offset the program cost may be available for those who need additional assistance and meet Onward’s eligibility criteria. For more information, contact Birthright Israel Onward or your local partner professional.
Accommodations: Apartment, hostel, or dorm-style housing in Tel-Aviv.
The number of participants to an apartment or room is dependent on the size of the accommodations and number of participants on the program. Though Birthright Israel Onward housing can vary from program to program, all housing units meet Birthright Israel Onward standards. To learn more about this and other Birthright Israel Onward housing details, please visit our housing FAQ.
- Applicants must either attend university or have a permanent address in Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Vermont, New Hampshire, Connecticut, or Maine. Applicants must be between 18-24 years old at the time of the program start date, be at least one year post high school, and be a current undergraduate college or university student. This program is also open to students who will graduate Spring 2024
- Must be Jewish (please refer to our FAQ for more information)
- Applicants must NOT have spent 3 or more consecutive months in Israel after high school, or participated in a Birthright Israel Onward program or any other mid-term or long-term educational program in Israel.
- Must meet Masa Israel Journey Eligibility criteria (click here to review) including not having received Masa funding towards participation on a previous program
- Fluent in English
- Have a valid Passport for at least 6 months after the program end date
Please note: If you wish to participate in a 10-day Birthright Israel trip, consider doing so prior to an Onward program. You will not be able to participate on Birthright Israel trip after participating on Onward.
Please click here to review the application process.
– Social Media and outreach internship with local NGO or non-profit
– Business Development internship with social media start-up
– Event coordination and promotion intern for management company
– Public Relations internship with a museum
Not sure what type of internship you are looking for or unsure if you can find it in Israel? Our internship coordinators work one-on-one with each participant!
Applicants interested in internships in the fields of STEM, Finance, Law, and Medicine please click here for some important information regarding placements:
For More Information Contact
Director of Israel Engagement, Hillel Council of New England