Are you looking to strengthen or enhance your professional and personal relationship to Israel and your Jewish identity? Are you looking for a high-level internship, in your field of choice with an Israeli company? You can join other Jewish young adults from universities and campuses in the San Francisco Bay Area during an 8-week immersive experience, living, connecting, working, and traveling in Israel.
Join the Bay Area Onward Israel program for a summer in Israel of deep connection, growth and belonging!
During this Tel Aviv-based internship program, you are placed in an Israeli work culture based on your interest, skills and future career goals. You intern four to five days a week; immerse yourself in contemporary Israeli society with a cohort of other students and young adults from the Bay Area, participate in seminars, meaningful weekenders/Shabbatonim and Israel travel days to delve further into Israel’s unique complexities. Program days include visits to local communities in Israel, local NGO’s, and explorations into Israel’s diverse culture, environment and politics.
In your free time, we encourage your personal and cohort’s collective exploration of Tel Aviv’s exciting offerings; including, nightlife, beaches, the food scene and culture. We provide the platform for exploration and encourage you to think about the ways you can integrate, contribute and make your experience as fulfilling as possible.
This Onward Israel – Masa program is operated through a partnership between the Beacon and Shapira Foundations and other leading philanthropists, the Government of Israel, and Masa Israel Journey. It is organized by Bina.
Participants on Onward Israel – Masa programs may return to Israel on long-term Masa programs after Onward Israel although the size of any potential scholarship may be influenced by prior participation on Onward Israel. For details, please contact Masa Israel Journey directly at email@example.com.
If health and safety conditions in Israel do not allow for the program to take place on the ground, the program will shift to being entirely remote. The decision will be made by April 2021. Participants who do not wish to participate on an entirely remote program will be permitted to withdraw and receive a full refund for their program fee.
Before you apply, click the button below to read important information related to COVID-19 preparedness.
Admission is rolling. Applications will close in April or earlier if the program fills.
You MUST be available to participate for the entire length of the program.
Note, there is a chance that health/safety conditions will require us to implement a 2 week quarantine upon arrival in Israel. For more information, visit our FAQ responding to COVID-19
The program cost includes housing, medical insurance, a modest food stipend, and ground transportation. Participants will be required to submit a $300 security deposit in cash or check upon arrival in Israel. Deposits will be refunded at the end of the program pending good standing.
All participants are responsible for the cost and arrangement of their own flights. Participants should not purchase your flights until a decision has been made about the viability of the program.
Additional scholarships for those who require additional financial assistance are available on a limited basis. For more information, call Onward Israel or your local partner professional.
*If the program becomes entirely remote, the program cost will be $150.
For More Information
Please contact: Jason Steckler
– This program is open only to students on Bay Area campuses. It is intended for young adults who have had previous short-term Israel experiences, such as Birthright Israel or a teen travel program, or similar.
– Applicants between 19-27 years old (or at least one full year post-high school at the start of the program)
– Must meet MASA eligibility – identify as Jewish and have NOT spent 3 or more months in Israel as part of an educational or peer-program (this includes semester abroad, gap year or any other MASA or Onward Israel program)
– Must be fluent in English.
Apartments or dorm-style housing in the Tel Aviv area.
The number of participants to an apartment or room is dependent on the size of the accommodations and number of participants on the program.
While meeting common standards, Onward Israel housing differs by program and even within a program. To learn more about this and other Onward Israel housing details, please visit our Housing FAQ.
The actual cost of the Onward Israel-MASA program is much higher, and is subsidized up to 70% by Onward Israel, private donors, MASA Israel Journey and local Jewish communities and institutions.
– Hands on coding experience as a full stack developer/mobile developer
– Legal marketing/research: assist legal firms in Israel with international M&A agreements, transactions, English materials and international ranking
– Work with an up and coming Israeli startup, support capital raising, search funding opportunities and potential investors, pitch it to the company and continue business outreach
– Brand Analysis and US Market research: learn about leading Israeli retail brands, local trends and sales, research the US market, identify trends and assist to strategies for brand expansion to the US
Not sure what type of internship you are looking for or unsure if you can find it in Israel? Our internship coordinators work one-on-one with each participant to find the right match!