Young Adult Programs Manager - 11/01/2020
About Onward Israel:
Onward Israel launched in 2011 as a framework for six to ten week meaningful experiences for students and young adults in Israel. Onward Israel provides participants with an immersive and transformative resume-building internship experience in Israel. Our goal is to empower Onward Israel graduates in their personal and professional growth, and to deepen their engagement with Israel and Jewish life.
Onward Israel, a partnership between lead philanthropists and foundations, Jewish communities and organizations around the world, offers young people a competitive and attractive venue seeking such experiences at affordable prices. While meeting the individual needs of the participants and allowing them to advance their resumes, Onward Israel programs also feature inspiring educational enrichment opportunities, programs designed to engage participants with Israel and to provide them with a framework to explore Israel as part of their individual, personal, professional, and Jewish life journeys.
Since its inception, Onward Israel has focused mostly on University age students and has developed a robust network of partnerships and collaboration focusing on the campus. Our demographic target audience is from ages 19-27 and we aspire to reach larger numbers of the post-bachelor’s degree audience in the future.
Towards that goal of expanding Onward Israel’s demographic base, Onward Israel is looking to hire a highly motivated, talented, and experienced full-time professional to be Onward Israel’s Young Adult Programs Manager. The Manager will:
- Work with the VP for Education at Onward Israel’s Israel office (who will lead the initiative) to design, launch, and implement programs for post-college young adult participants. Two such programs are planned for the current academic year.
- Work with the VP for North America and internal staff to head programmatic coordination of marketing, registration, screening and pre-program preparation for young adult initiatives and programs
- Supervise work of Israel based program organizers who will carry out the programs on the ground in Israel.
- Coordinate with external program partners and organizers on various elements of program planning and operations. This involves supervision, account management, project overview and maintaining systems for screening and registration.
- Expand Onward Israel’s reach by identifying and building recruitment strategies and relationships with various professionals in the field. In particular, build strategic partnerships with relevant organizations engaged with young adult audiences.
- Handle day-to-day interactions with leads, applicants and participants with an understanding of Onward Israel program dynamics.
Onward Israel will prioritize the following characteristics among interested candidates:
- Experience working with Jewish young adults, post-college, in North America.
- Prior experience overseeing ongoing projects involving large amounts of data from diverse sources.
- Strong organizational skills, follow through and attention to detail
- Ability to think creatively and problem solve
- Ability to work as part of a national and global team and still handle individual challenges
- Understanding of the age group for Onward Israel – how to market to them, particularly about programs and opportunities
- Prior experience conducting interviews and understanding of sensitivities during this process (including cultural, religious, etc.) a huge plus
- Proficiency in Salesforce, Microsoft Office Suite, and Google Drive
- Prior experience with fundraising and development is beneficial, but not required
- Direct experience in immersive experiences outside of North America.
- Preference given to alumni of an Onward Israel program or long term Israel based program
- The manager will be part of the Onward Israel Young Adult initiative, headed up by the VP for Education. The position will directly report to the VP for North America.
- Compensation Range: $55,000-$60,000, commensurate with experience
- This is a full-time position
- Comprehensive benefits package offered including medical, dental, vision, disability insurance, PTO and more
- B.A. or equivalent
- 5-7 years prior work experience
- Preference will be given to candidates based in New York
- Some travel will be expected
Interested candidates are requested to submit a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org