Design Your Own Onward
Design Your Own Onward (DYO) is an exciting initiative that gives students the opportunity to design and run their own program in Israel. Selected students will receive support from Onward Israel in designing, marketing, recruiting for, and running their program.
Summer 2018 season (end of May through end of August)*
Determined by the needs of the individual program
Eligibility to create a DYO program
- Current college/university students or recent graduates preferred
- Previous experience in Israel
- Fluent in English
- Previous participation in Taglit-Birthright Israel, Onward Israel, or another peer experience in Israel is encouraged for any eligible applicants
Design your own Onward process
- Summer 2017: Interested students create and submit proposals
- September 15, 2017: Students’ proposals for Design Your Own Onward programs are due
- October 3, 2017: Selected students (known from here on as Peer Leaders) receive notification of acceptance for Summer 2018 DYO programs
- October 16, 2017: Peer Leaders’ contracts due
- October 17, 2017: Request For Proposals process opens for each DYO program’s Program Organizer
- November 17, 2017: Program Organizers’ proposals due
- November 2017: Peer Leaders work with Onward Israel staff to design and market their program and select Program Organizers’ proposals
- December 1, 2017: Registration opens for Summer 2018 DYO programs
Get started on submitting a proposal; CLICK HERE!
- View a sample proposal here
Applications are open until September 15, 2017. This Onward Israel program is operated through a partnership between the Beacon and Shapira Foundations and other lead philanthropists. If you have questions about DYO or about the proposal process, please contact Rebekah Paster at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Dates for each program will be set by the Peer Leader in conjunction with the Program Organizer